View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 10:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
What versions of MYM for Windows are there? 

Post What versions of MYM for Windows are there?
As far as I know, there are "consumer" (us) versions 2.0 and 2.1 -- any presumably 1.x. MECA also partnered with various banks, e.g. Nation's Bank (now Bank of America) to come out with logoed versions for those banks' customers.

Bernie

Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:10 pm

Post Re: What versions of MYM for Windows are there?
I never knew there were logo'd versions. It would be interesting to see a list.

Asa Jay

Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:52 pm

I had/have a "logo" version from Fleet Bank (now Bank of America?), although their logo wasn't on it literally. They just distributed it -- for free actually, it was part of the online banking package AFAIR.

Are there other MYM Win devotees out there? Maybe not based on mine being the first post from one here... It looks like a loyal group here from the DOS side. I've never even seen it, but sure sounds good just based on the efforts made by those here to keep it alive.

For those not familiar, the Win version has a cute but not overly cute (IMHO) GUI that looks like an office, where you click on drawers of a desk, items in a bookcase, or on the wall to access the various functions or even Windows utilities. For instance there is a calculator on the desk -- clicking it opens Windows Calculator, and a small statue of Rodin's "The Thinker" leads to Help. Clever, without being the infamously annoying MS Office animated paper clip. There are still traditional menu bars at the top as well and the software can be configured to not show the "SmartDesk" at startup if one likes. Overall it's very streamlined and basic but with everything I need and without a bunch of extraneous bells and whistles.

I'll try to install on Vista next and will post any info/tips that might be helpful to others. I don't have it, but anyone trying to load onto Windows 7 might find this link helpful: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ee4cf3ff76

Also will post separately re: some issue I'm having.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi there

I'm new to the forum but I have always like MYM for windows & well I have loaded it onto Win7 64 bit successfully & its working great so far.

Tall you mentioned about the versions of MYM for windows; there's a Fleet Bank, Nations Bank versions

I use 2.1 but I tried to install the Nations Bank version but its corrupted & would love to get that version.

To install on Win 7 U need to get the Virtual XP mode & then after installing that you go under Manage Virtual XP & install it there.

Any questions feel free to ask

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

I tried to install on WinXP, but I get too many errors so I decided to abandon it after all. I could have lived with it and worked around it in most instances, but ultimately decided it was just too risky to put a ton of effort into putting all my data in there only to have it fail completely at some point in the future.

I still don't get why on earth there is not budget functionality existing in other software that is as simple to use as MYM had. Exasperating.

I have the Fleet Bank version, BTW.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Asa Jay

If you wanna see what Nations Bank would look like go to Amazon & search & search this Managing your money by meca That is what I seem to remember what the front page would look like... (its about the tenth 1 down) I could be wrong cause I did leave using MYM but in all Honesty I prefer it to MS Money or Quicken or whatever else is out there

I wish I knew where or how the Nations Bank I got that version cause I did like it

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:29 pm

Tall might you have a corrupted file/disk & if so send me a PM

Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]